SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index

SaveTheCougar.Org
Michigan Cougar sighting archive as reported to SaveTheCougar.Org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
11/4/2010 Clare County, Michigan - cougar sighting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Clare County Michigan Cougar Sightings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
micougar
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: 11/4/2010 Clare County, Michigan - cougar sighting. Reply with quote

Clare County, Michigan - cougar sighting.
Reported Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 6:51 AM to www.savethecougar.org
Date of Observation: 11/4/2010
Time: 11:30AM
County: Clare
Location Description: North of Harrison. Approx 3 miles south of Roscommon County line near Old 27. Private Hunting Property. Heavy cover, Autumn Olive bushes, etc. Lots of small game which I believe attracted the animal.
Sighting Description:
Walking down my two-track which is planted as a food plot. Spotted long brown animal lying along the RH side of trail, thought it was possibly a wounded deer until it stood up, walked sideways, then away from me which is when I saw the tail and distinct hip structure. It then turned and started walking towards me. I waved my bow over my head and yelled loudly several times. It crouched and crept forward but would not leave staying in a pouncing position, ears up staring at me, approx 40 yards distant. I backed away and retreated to an elevated blind for protection. Had to walk the same trail out 20 minutes later or so to get to my truck and the cat was thankfully gone. My trail camera was only 10 yards away facing the other way so no picture. This is a 100% true story. I am an engineer and have been hunting Michigan, UP and LP, for over 30 years. I was a nay-sayer about cougars being here until this encounter. I estimate the size of the cougar to be similar to a medium sized doe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Clare County Michigan Cougar Sightings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: