SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index

SaveTheCougar.Org
Michigan Cougar sighting archive as reported to SaveTheCougar.Org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Alger County, Michigan- cougar sighting 11/19/2007

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Alger County Michigan Cougar Sightings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
micougar
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Alger County, Michigan- cougar sighting 11/19/2007 Reply with quote

Alger County- cougar sighted west of Munising.
Reported Mon 11/19/2007 11:07 PM to www.savethecougar.org
Date of Observation: 11/13/2007
Time: 2130
County: Alger
Location Description: M-28, about 17 miles west of Munising
Sighting Description:
"I was driving in the dark on M-28, with about 17 miles until I would reach Munising. It was dark and I had seen a few deer about a half mile earlier so I was watching the sides of the road very keenly. Up ahead, in the glare of my high beams I could see something to my left that was moving along the hill on the side of the road. I slowed down as I initially thought it could be another deer. As I got closer, I could see that it looked nothing like a deer, and I couldn't figure out what it was. It was slunk low to the ground and I could clearly see that it had a very long tail. As I approached it, it stopped moving and I slowed, almost to a stop. I could clearly see, as this animal stood up, that it was big. It almost looked like a female lion to me at first. I honked my horn and it took off running into the woods. It took me another 10 seconds to sort out what I had seen in my mind, as I have never seen a cougar before, but I knew that's what it must have been. I mentioned the sighting at work the next day and told my partner that I had seen what I thought to be a big cat, and he told me about the cougar. Now, a week later, I'd still been thinking about it and decided to look online to help me figure out exactly what it was that I had seen. When I found this website and saw the pictures of the cougars, I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that a cougar is what I had seen."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Alger County Michigan Cougar Sightings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: