SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index

SaveTheCougar.Org
Michigan Cougar sighting archive as reported to SaveTheCougar.Org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
5/2/2011 Kalkaska County, Michigan - cougar sighting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Kalkaska County Michigan Cougar Sightings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
micougar
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:33 am    Post subject: 5/2/2011 Kalkaska County, Michigan - cougar sighting. Reply with quote

Kalkaska County, Michigan - cougar sighting.
Reported Fri, May 6, 2011 at 6:38 PM to www.savethecougar.org
Date of Observation: 5/2/2011
Time: 5:30 am
County: Kalkaska
Location Description: On county road 517 a short distance from intersection with county road 612
Sighting Description:
I drive to work in the dark although it is somewhat lighter as summer is nearer. My headlights saw a animal approaching the road so I slowed the car. My first thought was a deer but as I got closer I saw the animal walked like a cat. And the animal turned as I approached it and went back into the trees. However he turned to look at me as I passed and I almost died of shock. Thought I might be crazy but this was a very large cat. At least the size of a deer. 3 months ago in the same exact spot a large animal crossed i n front of my car in such a blur I couldn't tell any one what the heck it was. I only can say it was in a full stretched out leap as it crossed the road with such speed it was almost as if it didn't happen. It was a lighter brown to golden color and since I couldn't figure out what it could have been I forgot about it until my sighting the other morning. If this wasn't a cougar I need my head examined.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Kalkaska County Michigan Cougar Sightings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: