SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index

SaveTheCougar.Org
Michigan Cougar sighting archive as reported to SaveTheCougar.Org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
8/19/2009 Clinton County, Michigan - cougar sighting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Clinton County Michigan Cougar Sightings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
micougar
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: 8/19/2009 Clinton County, Michigan - cougar sighting. Reply with quote

Clinton County, Michigan - cougar sighting.
Reported Mon, May 3, 2010 at 4:48 PM to www.savethecougar.org
Date of Observation: 8/19/2009
Time: Between 12am and 1am
County: Clinton
Location Description: Drive way on Wright Rd between Herbison & Howe roads.
Sighting Description:
I was pulling into a driveway and saw several deer running from the south toward the north very quickly. A lone deer ran 50 ft in front of my car, but there was somthing chasing it. It was very fast and had a long tail straight out behind it. It also moved more like a cat and had ears and large head, like a cougar. It was a golden tan color with some black and white markings on it's head. It leaped jumping the entire width of the driveway, before chasing the deer into the corn. I found no tracks. I reported it to the DNR, but they said it could not be a cougar or a wolf, as we do not have them here. They told me it must have been a dog. I have large dogs, and this was way larger and moved like a cat, not a dog. Also I remember the paws seemed huge when it was leaping. I do not know for sure what it was, but my first thought was cougar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Clinton County Michigan Cougar Sightings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: