SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index

SaveTheCougar.Org
Michigan Cougar sighting archive as reported to SaveTheCougar.Org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
10/2/06 Pickney, MI - bow hunter sights cougar.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Livingston County Michigan Cougar Sightings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
micougar
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: 10/2/06 Pickney, MI - bow hunter sights cougar. Reply with quote

10/2/06 Pickney, MI - bow hunter sights cougar.
Reported Oct 2, 2006 10:50 AM to www.savethecougar.org
" Writing in regards to a cougar spotting. I was deer hunting in Pickney, MI last night. At about 5pm on Oct 1st, on a vey clear and sunny day, I seen a cougar at 40 yards away. Has their been any reported sightings in the Pickney area??? Curious to know, have been hunting for 30 yrs and have never seen one before. Was immediately aware of what type of animal I was observing. Please respond.
Btw, most people think that I'm crazy. But, I know what I saw, and it was a big cat! My immediate estimation was 200 lbs. Saw the long tail that almost touched the ground. It's color was a golden tan type color, no mistaking it. It was not some kind of Lynx or Bobcat, or a domestic cat for that matter. Feel like I have to defend what I saw, hope you guys can dispel the extinction myth. Will got out again to same area, this time with my camera. If I get it on camera, I'll send a photo. Thanks...

L.P."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Livingston County Michigan Cougar Sightings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: