SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index

SaveTheCougar.Org
Michigan Cougar sighting archive as reported to SaveTheCougar.Org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2/8/2011 Eaton County, Michigan - cougar sighting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Eaton County Michigan Cougar Sightings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
micougar
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: 2/8/2011 Eaton County, Michigan - cougar sighting. Reply with quote

Eaton County, Michigan - cougar sighting.
Reported Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 7:48 PM to www.savethecougar.org
Date of Observation: 2/8/2011
Time: 1:00 PM
County: Eaton
Location Description: At the edge of the woods in the back yard
Sighting Description:
I was looking out the kitchen window and at the edge of the yard where the woods start. I saw a large dark colored cat run into the woods. A few minutes after the cat went into the wood the neighbor's horses all ran back to the barn. Later in the afternoon my nephew, 125 pound dog and I went out to see if we could identify the tracks. The tracks were in a straight line. The foot prints were quite large and they went all the way to the ground, through 15 inches of snow. The snow had blown into some of them and it was hard to see the bottom of them. Th e few we could see clearly looked like cat prints. There were no belly marks between the foot prints. These tracks ran parallel to the deer prints we saw. We saw a few areas where the snow had been disturbed against fallen logs, like something had been sleeping there. My dog and I walk through these woods to the creek that runs through our property. Several times my dog has sniffed the air and ran back to the house leaving me standing there, no amount of coaxing could get the dog to come back into the woods. We have also heard scrams that I could not identify. When the dog heard the screams he stood very still and did not bark. Today when I looked out the big tracks crossed my foot prints from yesterday. There was cat spray on the snow in several places. We did not see scat or hair.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Eaton County Michigan Cougar Sightings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: