SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index

SaveTheCougar.Org
Michigan Cougar sighting archive as reported to SaveTheCougar.Org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
10-25-10 Mason County, Michigan - cougar sighting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Mason County Michigan Cougar Sightings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
micougar
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: 10-25-10 Mason County, Michigan - cougar sighting. Reply with quote

Mason County, Michigan - cougar sighting.
Reported Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 9:10 AM to www.savethecougar.org
Date of Observation: 10-25-10
Time: 5:30 pm
County: Mason
Location Description: Manistee Federal Forest
Sighting Description:
Bow hunting in Manistee Federal Forest. Pentwater area. Whiskey creek campground. Bow hunting just before dark saw 2 large cats running through the woods. Next day came out and saw two mountain lions on my trail-cam. I later learned that other hunters have been seeing the lions as well.
equus57

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, PLEASE show a copy of your trail cam picture to the DNR! ( I say copy, because somehow, the originals seem to come up missing, or never seen again!) They are just now starting to admit, that maybe there are cougars in Michigan, and we really have to have them acknowledged, not only for the safety of the people, to be educated as to how to deal with them, but also for the safety of the cat. Would also love to see the trail cam pics myself, if you are able to post them on this site!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Mason County Michigan Cougar Sightings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: