SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index

SaveTheCougar.Org
Michigan Cougar sighting archive as reported to SaveTheCougar.Org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1/3/09 Cass County, Michigan - cougar sighting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Cass County Michigan Cougar Sightings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
micougar
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: 1/3/09 Cass County, Michigan - cougar sighting. Reply with quote

Cass County, Michigan - cougar sighting.
Reported Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 11:24 AM to www.savethecougar.org
Date of Observation: 1/3/09
Time: 6:30 am
County: Cass
Location Description: Just past the intersection of Runkle St. and Beebe Rd.
Sighting Description:
I was driving to work in the morning. We had approx. 1 to 1 1/2 feet of snow the day before. I turned off of Runkle St onto Beebe road and drove for approx. 2-3 blocks. I slowed down because I saw what I first thought was a deer passing in front of my car from the right side of the road. When I looked closer, I saw a very large cat-like animal crossing approx. 10 feet in front of my car. It walked slowly in front of my car and glanced at me as it passed by. It appeared to be light brown in color and about 130-140 lbs with a long tail. I could see it's scapula moving up and down as it walked just like when you see a tiger at the zoo. It had a large head. My sister has a large bull mastiff that is approx. 120lbs and it was definately larger that her dog both in height, length and weight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Cass County Michigan Cougar Sightings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: