SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index

SaveTheCougar.Org
Michigan Cougar sighting archive as reported to SaveTheCougar.Org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
4/25/2012 Ogemaw County, Michigan - cougar sighting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Ogemaw County Michigan Cougar Sightings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
micougar
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: 4/25/2012 Ogemaw County, Michigan - cougar sighting. Reply with quote

Ogemaw County, Michigan - cougar sighting.
Reported Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 10:18 AM to www.savethecougar.org
Date of Observation: 4/25/2012
Time: Approximately 8:30-ish
County: Ogemaw
Sighting Description:
I was riding shotgun with my buddy Jeff from work. We were on our way up to go early spring turkey hunting. We were driving up I-75 when Jeff yelled out "Dude, did you see that?!" I said "Yeah!! That was a cougar!" He said "Cougar?!? That was a woodcock that flew right in front of us. We almost hit it!" I said, "woodcock?? There was a cougar standing on the side of the road!" It showed its teeth like it was hissing at the car, then turned and ran off. Nothing else in Michigan looks like that! You didnt see its tail when it turned and ran?!" We had come to the conclusion that the cougar was chasing the woodcock and the woodcock made it across the road in the nick of time. We apparently had messed up its hunt. The image of that cat's teeth is burned in my brain. I will never forget that. I only wish Jeff saw it too. I've been checking this page once a week, ever since that day hoping someone else would report a sighting anywhere near West Branch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Ogemaw County Michigan Cougar Sightings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: