SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index

SaveTheCougar.Org
Michigan Cougar sighting archive as reported to SaveTheCougar.Org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
May 16, 2012 Clinton County, Michigan - cougar sighting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Clinton County Michigan Cougar Sightings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
micougar
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: May 16, 2012 Clinton County, Michigan - cougar sighting. Reply with quote

Clinton County, Michigan - cougar sighting.
Reported Sun, May 20, 2012 at 12:33 AM to www.savethecougar.org
Date of Observation: May 16, 2012
Time: Approximately 8:00 P.M
County: Clinton
Sighting Description:
We were driving back from Eagle to our home on W. Cutler off Francis Rd, and instead of going down Clark Rd, I suggested to my wife that we go a different way and proceeded north on Grange Rd. As we got up to Herbison and Grange road, Grange started to curve to the west. I suggested that we turn right on Herbison Rd even though it was a dirt road because I didn't want to end up going way out of our way. So we proceeded east on Herbison road. We went about a mile and started down a hill in a wooded area when I saw a lady standing off to the right side of the road about 150 feet ahead with a dog on a leash waiting for our car to pass when all of a sudden I saw a large animal running full tilt across the road between us. At first glance when it came across the road, I thought it was a large dark dog but as it jumped out of the road and went into the trees on the other side, it had to jump up as the embankment was 4 feet higher than the road. As it jumped I saw it had a long black cat-like tail about 30 inches long. As it jumped its tail was fully extended and I said to my wife, “that was a cougar!” We stopped to warn the lady but she said she didn't see it. She was trying to make sure her dog was out of the road as our SUV was going by. It was an amazing thing to see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Clinton County Michigan Cougar Sightings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: