SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index

SaveTheCougar.Org
Michigan Cougar sighting archive as reported to SaveTheCougar.Org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
4/23/2012 Eaton County, Michigan - cougar sighting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Eaton County Michigan Cougar Sightings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
micougar
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: 4/23/2012 Eaton County, Michigan - cougar sighting. Reply with quote

Eaton County, Michigan - cougar sighting.
Reported Mon, Apr 24, 2012 at 4:47 PM to www.savethecougar.org
Date of Observation: 4/23/2012
Time: Approximately 6:30 P.M
County: Eaton
Sighting Description:
I live directly across the road from Elmwood Elementary in a duplex. Yesterday, my grandkids came over and wanted to go play in the back yard but the wind broke a branch that was hanging so I took them into my bedroom to point out that I didn't want them near it. My 8 year old grandson looked behind my neighbors home on top of a hill in a clearing in the wooded area and said "look at that giant cat". His 10 yr. old sister and I looked and I saw what was clearly a huge orange/yellow cat walking. When I saw the tail I knew what it was but I did not grab my cell phone to take a picture of it. I took off running and yelling at my sons to come out on the deck and that we saw a cougar in the back yard while the kids continued to watch it from my bedroom window. They said it entered the woods that are directly behind my home. The 8 year old said that he thought it was a girl lion when he first looked at it - but it was mo
re orange and my granddaughter said it had a "panther tail". I know what I was watching and I am afraid to let my grandkids go out there anymore. I did file a report today with MDNR but have not heard from anybody yet. I will go home this evening and inform the neighbors as I spend the evening looking out back for it. I am too afraid to go back and look for any tracks but would point out exactly where we saw it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Eaton County Michigan Cougar Sightings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: