SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index

SaveTheCougar.Org
Michigan Cougar sighting archive as reported to SaveTheCougar.Org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
10/8/11 Van Buren County, Michigan 3 legged cougar sighting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Van Buren County Michigan Cougar Sightings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
micougar
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: 10/8/11 Van Buren County, Michigan 3 legged cougar sighting. Reply with quote

Van Buren County, Michigan - cougar sighting.
Reported Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 12:32 AM to www.savethecougar.org
Date of Observation: October 8th 2011
Time: 7-8 am
County: VanBuren
Location Description: the corner of 652 and 354th avenue just north of Huzzy Lake.
Sighting Description:
This morning I was on my way to Huzzy Lake. We had just turned onto 652 off 354th when I saw the strangest site. What it appeared to be to me was a puma, N.A. Mountain Cat. Not believing what I saw I made my friend turnaround immediately in the first drive way on the left, boat and all and go back. Of course it took a few times to negotiate that and in the mean time the creature got up and moved away toward the back of the property and crept very lowly into the woods. We continued to the corner of cr 652 and 354 th turning west to see if it came through the stand of trees just before the fences where horses were. Nothing in sight we waited for a few minutes and nothing so we turned around in the first driveway passed 652 to the west and headed back to 652. After we made the turn we saw a huge animal with only 3 legs. This appeared to be a huge husky. Too big to be a coyote. To thick. Hard for me to believe that at first I thought this was a puma. Just then Cindy goes what the hell is that animal? There was the cat. Huge in all its glory. As It made its way through the next field south on 652 on the west side of the road and went to the back of the field, maybe 300 feet from the road now I noticed the end of its large tail was dark in color,and it kept pacing back and forth waiting for, what I now believe looks more like a wolf then a husky. This animal had a hard time negotiating the fenced in field because of the 3 legs. He managed to make it into the field and rested by the b ig tree before the cat came back into view and the 3 legged animal left to meet back up him. My thought was to call 911 and report what we saw. However Cindy and I have encountered many things strange in our early morning drives to the lake and what not so we just went on to Huzzy Lake. Common sense tells me it could not be a puma. But My vision tells me otherwise. I sure would like to know if anybody North of Huzzy lake has seen these animals though. Of course queen of photographing and I didn't have any of my cameras. No binoculars nothing to reinforce what we thought we were seeing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Van Buren County Michigan Cougar Sightings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: