SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index

SaveTheCougar.Org
Michigan Cougar sighting archive as reported to SaveTheCougar.Org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sept. 2, 2011 Cheboygan County, Michigan - cougar sighting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Cheboygan County Michigan Cougar Sightings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
micougar
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Sept. 2, 2011 Cheboygan County, Michigan - cougar sighting. Reply with quote

Cheboygan County, Michigan - cougar sighting.
Reported Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 8:59 PM to www.savethecougar.org
Date of Observation: Sept. 2, 2011
Time: 4:10 pm
County: Cheboygan
Location Description: on north shore rd. which connects north shore dr. and doriva beach rd. with cedar swamp on all sides. sighting was 100 yds of black lake cottages, people and pets.
Sighting Description:
while driving north on north shore rd from north shore dr about 150yds from doriva beach rd traveling appox 15 mph the animal was walking in the same direction 30 to 35 yds in front of me. after spotting it i slowed down to 5 mph and closed in on it to within 15 yds. when the animal turned to the right it ws still meandering along without fear of the car. it's body was appox 25 to 30 inches long with a tail that seemed almost as long. a reddish color with what looked like brown hints randomly thrown in. it was 18 or so inches high. there was a slight sway in the back and the tail came off the rump with a little arc and curved up without touching the ground. after entering the cedar swamp I did not see it again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SaveTheCougar.Org Forum Index -> Cheboygan County Michigan Cougar Sightings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: